VPN question. How to import .cfg file into MS VPN ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi fellow forum members.

I am trying to be beat my own IT department in being first to figure this one out.

Scenario is this:
We have a machine at a customers site, and the customer and we would like us to be able to connect to the machine via a VPN connection.
So the customers IT department sends us a .cfg file with the connection details. Appearantly this is used with Microsofts variant of VPN connections. But we cannot find anywhere to import this .cfg file.
We normally use Cisco VPN, and we can import a .pcf file into Cisco's connection setup in order to access a customer setup VPN connection.
I cannot find any similar procedure with Microsoft on my XP Pro SP3 PC.
Have googled to no avail.

Anyone ?

I have come a wee bit closer to a solution.

It appears that the .cfg file is for a special VPN client from "Funkwerk".
So it is futile to try and import it into MS VPN.

Yeah it will require the client to work properly.

Linksys WRT54G flashed with dd-wrt firmware gives you some nice features. I use one of these to communicate to my machine subnet of IPs, its easier than configuring the routing table and what not

Last edited: