Free ways to program an Allen Bradley 1500

McWidget

I acquired an Allen Bradley 1500. I built a crappy switch board thing (i think if it looked better it would be called a "trainer") to send inputs to this boy. All the inputs work and it powers on so that's great. But there is a flashing red "fault" light on it (runtime error maybe?). I want to load a program on it to see if it works. Is there a way I can do that for free? RSLogix 500 Lite is only for 1000 and 1100 models I've learned.

I know nothing about PLCs. But I'm having fun learning about this thing. If anyone has any good learning resources for someone with 0 knowledge send em my way. Also ideas for what to do with this thing if it works?

You can get RSLogix Micro Starter Edition for pretty cheap (about $150):
catalog number 9324-RLM0100ENE

The starter edition lacks some useful features like online editing and cross reference tools but I am not sure if the 1500 even supports online editing.

You can get RSLogix Micro Starter Edition for pretty cheap (about $150):
catalog number 9324-RLM0100ENE

The starter edition lacks some useful features like online editing and cross reference tools but I am not sure if the 1500 even supports online editing.

1500 doesn't support online editing.