How to assign IP with the sinamics motor module?

chandrapaul

Hello,
Someone please help me. Kindly let me know how to assign IP with the s120 sinamics motor module /line module /interface module and the g120 power module? Can I do it using starter software or any other way? If there is any reference video or manual please give me link.

I am new with Siemens drives. Please help me.

Thank you

For s120 the only IP address assigned is for the CU320. All connections between the CU/LineModule/MotorModule/InterfaceModules are via Drive CliQ

For s120 the only IP address assigned is for the CU320. All connections between the CU/LineModule/MotorModule/InterfaceModules are via Drive CliQ

If any motor module /power module /line module /interface module get damaged under the s120 CU and if we replace the damaged module with a exact same module, then should I assign the ip/name newly for the new replaced module or will it take the ip automatically from the CU?

If any motor module /power module /line module /interface module get damaged under the s120 CU and if we replace the damaged module with a exact same module, then should I assign the ip/name newly for the new replaced module or will it take the ip automatically from the CU?

As they said, only the CU has an IP. You don't assign IP addresses to the motor modules/line modules/etc. They are on DriveCliq, which uses cables that look like Ethernet cables, but is actually NOT Ethernet, but backplane communication.

What you DO need to do (I think) is ensure that the drive cliq topology is the same. When you replace a module, make sure the cables all end up in the same places.