FactoryTalk View SE - Add Alarm

reykam

Hello everybody :rolleyes:

I have a doubt, I have a project with FactoryTalk View SE v6.10 and I need add some alarms, but currently is working and keeps records alarms of several PLC, but I can´t see the currently Alarm server for to work with it, the question is, where are saved the currently alarms?. What is the path to save alarms? or if I add other Server Alarm, I´ll create a conflict with the alarms that are working?

thanks so much

What version of alarms are you using? The Old tag alarms or FTA&E Alarming?

This is important. I added an alarm for a client the other day. they had them setup both ways. but the screens used the tag based alarming. this may be because it was imported from an REVIEW project I'm. not sure

Thanks for your help

Really, I am not sure what kind or method was used to add alarms because I have only a backup of HMI server, and I am not familiarized with FTV SE but I know that I need to see a Alarm Server to add the alarms (FTA&E) and my doubt is because I can´t see a Alarm Server in the backup.
The section of display have a banner to alarms. I supposse that project have a Alarm Server(I can´t see). If I add other Alarm Server may be cause conflict? or may be not display alarm in the same banner.
Well, the next monday I´ll work with this Server and I know that you need more information for help me, I am thankful with you.

gclshortt thanks for your pdf
rdrast and DwSoFt thanks for your experiences