S7 IEC timer preset from MP panel

jtpetersen

Hello all. This is my first post.

I want to enter a time (in seconds) from an MP and use it as a preset for an IEC timer. I can't get ProTool to accept my TIME tag in the Step 7, any ideas on that? Or, how do I convert a DINT variable to a TIME variable to use as the preset to my IEC Timer?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Hello mr. Petersen :)
You have to create a tag in Protool that uses the DINT type.
In S7 you have to assign the same address the TIME type (silly, but it is just the way it is).
You may want to use the scaling options in Protool for the tag to scale it from milliseconds to something more userfriendly (seconds maybe).
Do the same to present the actual value on the operator panel next to the setpoint value.

Regards,

Pedersen !