Can't we all just get along??

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,

What happened to the nice friendly forum of plc gurus (errr.. members ;))? I miss those days...

Instead of everybody fighting with each other... let's all be happy.
I think most folks come here because they enjoy plc programming or want to learn or solve a problem. Fighting just scares away people from posting because they are afraid of being called something 'not so nice'.

I know when I first visit a forum I read a few posts before posting. If I visited here for the first time and read a few posts quite honestly there is no way in 'heck' I'd post my 'maybe a stupid question'.

So, how about a rule that we all 'just get along' and bite your tongue shutit(or hit your keyboard) when the urge comes to flame each other. OK?

And no, I'm not singling any 1 or 2 or... people out. I honestly like you all! But it's a 'community' and we ALL set the tone. So, let's get back to setting a fun and 'happy' tone. OK? Please ??????

In return I'll add some more features.

Have a GREAT and HAPPY day... EVERYONE ! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Enjoy,
Phil

Phil dont sweat it. Its mostly a pi$$in contest..we are mostly males here. It falls into the age old category of "mine is bigger/better than yours".

In the end most of us will find a way to have a drink together and sluff off this "debate".

In the future it will bring more people, better cooperation, and networking to assist/be assisted with plc's and more.

This is a great site. Thank you.

What a concept !!!!

NICE THOUGHT PHIL !!!!!

I personally think along the same lines as you and wish some people could be a little less "snappy"......but I realize that we have a bad habbit of setting our "DONE" bits a little short and the "OUTPUT" is often made too early !!!! ( PUN ? What PUN ???)

Anyway, yes...I will do my part to be more helpful and less hateful toward my fellow PLCer's and would expect the same in return .

As for you Phil.......You have a GREAT DAY TOO !!!!!!

HIGHVOLTAGE (MIKE)

Phil, we think alike. There's a big difference between fooling around by stating the obvious at some dummy questions and the foul language I have seen recently. It's clear that not all visitors are mature ;) . Shame on the ones who talk with asterixes!

You have my support to ban them if needed.

Have a very nice day.

Share joy and knowledge, no frustrations!

The only reason I use asterisks is Phil filters out the bad words. Thats called a "Philter"? Really though, some things are very serious & require a certain tone, such as things that might potentially hurt someone. When these guys post stuff about how do you wire a PLC & then proceed to tell us how theyre going to do their first project to run a nuclear reactor, that just worries me a bit. OK, I exagerated a little, but still. Phil, I'm sure we all share your sentiment.
Oh, And you have a good day.

RON,

I apologize for the "he can rot" statement. That was harsh.

But this IS a "PROGRAMMING" site (Refer to Phil's opening post).

As such, we are free to explore the Art and the Science of PLC Programming to what ever extent we can make these damned machines dance to our tune!

If you had been around long enough, you would have known that my programming priorities are as follows...

1. Operators (Wouldn't want to be there No-How!).
2. Maintenance (Been there, still there!).
3. Programmer (Yeah, I be here too!).

Everytime I design a system I get into a project-long battle about which features should NOT be included. I think they should be included and those that count the beans think they shouldn't be included because they cost too much up-front!

To which I say, BULLSH*T!

The Operators need it and Maintenance needs it!

I am more on your side than you realize.

But I can not tolerate the idea of not being free to do what is necessary to fulfill my prioritity list as described!

So, yes, let's all get along and continue to explore the possibilities of the PLC - the "What-if's".

Safety should always be a major concern. I hope that those that are inexperienced and trying to learn understand that. I truly enjoy all the posts and learn something from most of them. However, bad language never impresses anyone.

Confliction in a department is a good thing. However personal attacks on a person is slander and deformation of character.

A person who looks to make others stupid in order to make himself look good, should be watched with caution.

Swearing I feel is necessary now and again simply because it really hits home a principle or idea that you feel strongly about. This of course depends upon the ears of the listener in the first place either in the forum or the workplace. If they don’t listen....swear?!? It realy does depend. If you think about it, it has worked in this instance. You might think that this is the wrong attitude to take but I would rather have a top guru swearing programmer, than a naff nice boy programmer working in my forum/workplace/whatever. Again how long he worked for me is another matter again! I am sure there are lots of top guru non swearing programmers out there?!?

I have read most of the postings in this forum and personally don’t think that anything has been said that is under hand. A bit of slagging off maybe. If things are upsetting you...you could use the helicopter technique: Rise above it! :)

Its a good site keep it up everybody. Follow the instructions of the editor...Be happy. :)

Ok I made my farewell before I read this post, the farewell in general stands because I have too much too do and am spending to much time here.

Terry, I can relate alot to what you said. I am not a programmer but I have to deal with the "that costs too much ****" daily, even when I show my costs NOW will be less than repair NOW and in future.

Technically I have been called alot worse than what you have done, you I can understand...I have started debates with you on subjects. We each have our own concepts. The others I havent talked to so didnt understand them.

I will continue to follow posts heres (especially yours, Alllen's, Peter's, Steve, Tom and others (Kim Gold is new but good) for the knowledge. There are MANY others that I havent name (Rick, Eric etc) that are also very good, and can not leave out Ken Roach (gotta acknowledge the AB guy). To all keep up the good work.

One last note though...I know the student questions can be simplistic and phrased wrong BUT what does it hurt to give them a pointer. We all know that you either can or cant programm plc's(it aint rocket science but does need an understanding of other things), so it doesnt hurt to help out the kids taking the time to learn something. I aint saying give them the code but take the time to talk to them. Also dont forget that alot of them dont have English as native language.

I only wish I had the time now to know what you do, my job(s) have require so many diverse areas of knowledge I could never develop y'all's expertise. I pushing 50 now and got so many bulls by the tail that I aint sure if horns dont grow on tails now.

Anyway you are correct in a sense, this is plc's.net therefore its more related to programming than anything. I am not a programmer so this isnt a medium for me. I also seem to be the center of the disagreements that caused Phil to make this post. This is why I made the post..."just tired".

Thank you all for being here...keep on doing what you are doing, especially you Phil.

vaya con dios