Ethernet from the office to the machine

userxyz

Hi,

I programmed a machine that can produce lots of different recipes.

So, we can enter a recipe on the Panel.

But, now they want to be able to enter recipes/products from their lazy seat...

I have some toughts, maybe someone can point a direction:

1. - HMI Panel connected to PLC but also on the network of the company, recipes can be edited on the MMC card ? CSV excell format. Is this possible to load and store and upload csv files over a network ?

2. Installing an ethernetcard on the PLCrack and connecting to an OPC server PC, the cliëntsoftware is excell.

3. Placing an industrial PC instead of a panel, on the PC: WInCC Flexible Runtime and using remote desktop to change parameters in recipes.

4. Installing an EMbedded PLC and running an OPC server on it, cliënts are PC's with Excell.

I do not have experience with this kind of thing, maybe someone can tell his ideas ?

Everything is Siemens

Oh i wrote the basically the same thing as CharlesM and he beat me to it . So i removed the double post since there is no sence of having the same information twice.

ok

I kinda like the smartacces thing...

Basically it's running the panel in a browser, it's possible to control it anywhere you want if u know the IP adress

Bratt said:
Oh i wrote the basically the same thing as CharlesM and he beat me to it . So i removed the double post since there is no sence of having the same information twice.

I kinda like the smartacces thing...
Smartaccess and smartservice are different. Smartaccess allows you to take control of a panel from another panel in the project. It also allows you to move tag data back and forth. Smartservice is a web page on the panel that can be viewed by IP address. You can take control of the panel via this web page. Siemens mixed in VNC controls for this. It also has control functions where you can read/write recipes and users.

I guess the big difference is SmartAccess you will need WinCC Flexible runtime or another panel to access the panel. With SmartService all you need is a web browser. You will need a lic for each one. They don't come together.