Powerflex 753 - How do you configure a input to reset the drive from a pushbutton ?

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

Powerflex 753 seems confusing just to configure a input. A coworker installed a pushbutton to use as a fault reset for a Powerflex 753 . How do you configure a input on a Powerflex 753 , especially for a fault reset .

Thanks in advance ,

Thanks , I seen that , but I guess you need to assign a input to that , correct ?
The manual does not seem straightforward on assigning inputs.

Thanks

Might suggest using CCW to look at the drive parameter list, it makes it a lot easier than using the HIM to plod thru the parameters

Thanks , I seen that , but I guess you need to assign a input to that , correct ?
The manual does not seem straightforward on assigning inputs.

Thanks

Wire the PB between TB1 terminals (+24V) and Di 1 and then set:

P156 [DI Clear Fault] = Port 0: P220 [Digital In Sts], bit 1 = Digital In 1 (the CCW P156 Value will state: 'Port 0: Digital In Sts.Digital In 1')

Basically, the on-board processor will monitor bit 1 of P220 which monitors the voltage applied onto the Di 1 terminal of TB1; upon receiving 24VDC at the TB1 Di 1 terminal ('false-to-true transition') any present fault(s) will be Reset.

I agree that the manuals are pretty vague about assigning on-board I/O functions...Oh well...At least you're not dealing with Siemens English manuals...:D

Last edited: