Studio 5000 v30 question / problem

o_Oo_OOk an apology is in order for wasting everyone's time.
When I wrote the new program, and the new test rungs I entered all my NC stop buttons as XIC.

...I entered all my NC stop buttons as XIC.

That doesn't quite make sense if literally taken...

A field installed, Normally Closed (NC) wired Stop push button needs to be 'Examined if Closed'(XIC-Logical Normally Open) within the logic application in order to perform a safe logical stop...This is an elementary Fail-Safe implementation

It is a bad and unsafe practice to use 'Examine if Open' (XIO-Logical Normally Closed) instructions to monitor NO (Normally Open) wired Stop PBs dedicated field inputs; if you lose the field wire of the Input or blow its fuse you will not be able to stop the darn thing.

Well you were right when you said you knew it was something so simple you were overthinking it. Thanks for the follow up and don't feel bad...we all do enough complicated work at times I think it makes us more prone to simple mistakes...at least that is going to be my excuse next time it happens to me. (and it will...)