TIA Portal

Jezz

Hi All,
We have TIA Portal V14 on site and have just got a new machine in , when I open the software for the new machine it say's I require WinCC Comfort V14 SP1 to be installed(I'm assuming its for the touch screen on the machine) , do I need to get a licence upgrade or is this just a upgrade I need for TIA Portal

If you currently have WinCC Comfort/Advanced/Professional V14, updating to SP1 is no charge.

If you currently have WinCC Basic (or no WInCC at all), there will be a charge to get to WinCC Comfort.

You are correct, it should be for the touch screen. The branding around TIA Portal is a little confusing. It is "one tool", but there are a bunch of different components and options that are all separately licensed. You might execute TIA Portal, but you install Step 7, WinCC, Startdrive, etc.

As no other company has responded to my emails I'll give them a go LOL

Who'd have thought it would be this hard to spend money