Migrating Factory Talk HMI into another

e&iteddy

Hi There - I have a project coming up where I need to add one project into another one completely. Purpose of being able to access screens from one part of the plant in another. Aside from adding the controller into the project how do I proceed? Am I able to import the screens at once or does a new project have top be created adding all pages of both together? Any help would be appreciated. (BTW using Factory Talk View and Logix 5000). Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum:

I infer from your description that this is FactoryTalk View ME?

What Version of FTVIEW ME?

If the above suppositions are correct you should be able to use the Display Export/Import function.

Right Click on the Displays in the Project Tree.

I would make a Test Project, and experiment until you have a handle on the procedure.

Stu....

I gave it a try myself, and it imported the Screens fine. It appears there are more steps required.

You can also Export/Import Global Objects.

It would appear you would need to handle Image, Parameter, and Local Messages differently. Possibly by just copying them into their respective Project Directories.

It isn't clear to me right now how to Import the Tags.

Stu....