Touchscreen toggle button trouble, but other communication working.

DBailen

I am using the following:

PLC - Panasonic FP-x
Touchscreen- HMI Kinco ET070

The touchscreen intermittently flashes "[5]Socket COMM Error" yet numerical inputs and displays communicate accurately back and forth between my PLC.

EXAMPLE: Entering a value in the touchscreen display is correctly revealed in the PLC simulation. Values set in DT registers on the PLC are correctly displayed on the touchscreen when read.

I am trying to add a simple toggle button to turn a relay on and off in the PLC, yet nothing appears to happen.

I have made a single rung with one relay and one output paired with a single button layout on the touchscreen pointed to the relay address with no toggle results.
I would typically assume an intermittent communication error would be a faulty wire, but since numerical fields read and write correctly, I am stumped moving forward.

I am using "Kico HMIware 2.5" and "FPWIN GR 2.92"

Thanks for any assistance.

given that numerical inputs are working and the communication error is intermittent.

Hello,

This is just a guess.... but there is a chance that the numerical inputs are only updating say every 5 secs but your com handshake is every 10th of a sec, so you would not show a error on the inputs?

We have a communications cassette addon to our PLC that is supposed to grant it COM1 communications. The touchscreen software does not seem to recognize the addon in its interface. See attached image.

PLC_HMI_layout.jpg

OK, so I did a little reading

Has this system ever worked and just stopped working or is it a new setup that you are building?

This is the PLC manual and may help, lots of info https://www.panasonic-electric-works.com/cps/rde/xbcr/pew_eu_en/mn_63489_0013_en_fpx.pdf

Top link here is COM setup for the HMI
http://web.kinco.cn/html/en/ServiceSupport/Downloadcenter/Usermanual/

456 is panasonic

Is this the only system you have like this? wonder if you can copy from another if you have the same setup...

Thanks GIT, (You are almost Game of Thrones)

This is a unique project here, but it is a simple single axis mill, that can make due with a common motion control sample. It has start, stop, move in either direction, and jog. little else.

I have already digested both those documents, thank you.

My current belief is that the touchscreen wants to use COM0, if I am using this setup, so we will test a rewire of COM ports. I was just stunned when the data fields were being read, but relay buttons were not.

Have you contacted any local reps ? you would have better luck if you were in Asia with that hardware but maybe they have a local that can get you going...