Automation Direct & wonderware

rick62

Lifetime Supporting Member
trying to place a real number on wonderware display , have done this in the past but cannot seem to be able to create the right logic from DL06 plc,I have 4 plcs on this project- slc505, compact logix, and micrologix , all on net connections. everything works, even bits and outputs from DL06 to the wonderware project. but for some strange reason I cannot get a numerical display to work from the DL06. I created a project like this about a year ago, but I lost my project from the Directsoft6 on my pc, --- stuck on DL--

What DA server are you running for the DL06? I would check the logs of your DA server and see if there are any errors or warnings logged. An error in the DA server logs may give you a hint on what the problem might be.

Usually this is an issue of swapping words and/or bytes to get the Little endian, Big endian correct for the end device.

With some Wonderware Servers, a special item name is required in order to access Real data types. I know that this is true of GE and Modicon Servers.