SLC 5/04, communication instruction

ade

Hello everyone.

Using MSG (Message Read/Write) instruction, can we use this intruction via DH+ communication network within SLC 5/04 processors. I have read the help menu in the RSLogix 500, it doesn't explain this instruction in DH+ network. I want to access some addresses at, let say, SLC#1 and use them in the SLC#2.

Your comments, suggestion and explanation will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
ade

No the help file doesnt explain well about messaging with DH+.
But the "trick" is that DH+ is Channel 1 in the setup screen for the message instruction.

Thanks Jesper,

Back to the target, how can I access the adresses of the SLC 5/04 processors to be manipulated in the other SLC 5/04 processor which connected via DH+ network. I mean what kind of instruction to be used. The help menu explain it in the DH485 network.

Thanks

As Jesper mentioned Channel 1 will give you access to communicate through DH+. Take note the "Control Block" is a set of 14 data words starting the address you assign with. And the data you want to convey is set in the setup screen - "Data table address"

I just noticed your last post after I posted, you do not have to program anything special, the contents in the "Data table address" + the "Size in elements" (words) will be read or write as you assigned in the MSG instruction.

Last edited: