Click C0-01DR-D SRAM Backup Battery

tlbates

My customer has pulled the backup battery out of his Click PLC. How long should the memory last without power and backup battery, and will I lose everything and have to reload the entire project?
Thanks,
Tom

The supercap will retain everything a few days but after that you will lose the data in the registers, not the program logic. It would be a good precaution though to reload the complete project.

Just curious, why did they pull the battery?

Thanks Bernie. Well, at least that's encouraging news. But, the battery was pulled out days ago when the PLC was removed from one machine and shipped to New Hampshire to be installed in another machine. For some reason, the customer thought he should remove the battery for air shipping. It will only take a little while to get another copy of the program to install, tho.
Take Care,
Tom

Lithium batteries must be removed for air shipment. It is a new regulation for air shipments.

Bernies information is correct.