What's Up With The Display?

Jack

This is a screen shot of my display. For whatever reason, it looks like this until I minimize the window then restore it. Once I make an edit, it goes back this way until I again minimize the window and restore it. Needless to say, it is very annoying to keep minimizing and maximizing every edit or addition. At first I thought it started when I installed an AGP card. Since then I removed the AGP and went back to the PCI card with no luck. It used to work! I have a standard MAG monitor, 32 meg PCI video card, 512 DDR. Any suggestions?
Hope this works, I am attaching a file called clip.jpg.

clip.jpg

I had that problem with RSLogix too. Yes, VERY annoying!!! I'm not sure what causes it, but a workaround I found was to throttle back the graphics 'hardware acceleration' setting. I'm running a GeForce 2 MMX graphics adapter and found that this seems to work.

Right click on the desktop and select 'Properties'. Go to the 'Settings' tab and click the 'Advanced' button. From there, select the 'Performance' tab, and move the slider to the left. I found mine only works when set to the 'Basic Accelerator Functions' setting.

If anyone has a better solution, I'd like to know about it. So far, only RSLogix doesn't like my computer.

beerchug

-Eric

Eric
Well, that took care of the RSLogix problem..... but now the image of the last program opened stays in the background even though I close the program. And that is MUCH more annoying :)

Make sure you have the very latest graphics driver for your card and that they are made for your OS. (The first time I encountered it was because I had XP video drivers running on a ME system.) Uninstall the old driver taking you back to simple VGA, reboot the computer, then install the new drivers and reboot again. This has worked for me on a couple of machines, hope it helps you too.

Outstanding! A couple of months difference in drivers cleared the problem. I Appreciate the information.

Thanks