Rockwell Softare, Omron Software etc. and Admin rights

irondesk40

Questions i hope folks on here can assist with. It has been my experience that Rockwell Software will not run and work correctly if you do not have Admin rights as well as Omron. Am i correct with this?
Thanks

at the moment i am experiencing with a new win 10 pc the issue that i try and open a program that was created in Studio 5000 as a V23 i can not open it and it work correctly unless i go to c:program files (x86)-Rockwell Software-Studio 5000- Logix Designer - Enu - V23 and select to run as Administrator.
Without Administrator rights you would not be able to do this, at least that is how i see it.

I never really used a PC to do control work without admin-right. While I can't cite specific instances and circumstances, I'm quite sure some older Rockwell software can't function correctly without it. I also wont' be able to change my IP address which is needed for a lot of control work.

We are working with our IT to resolve their concern while still be able to do our job. It's getting increasing difficult without a dedicated department to handle these type of issues.

I always tell my IT dept to provide a separate laptop that is not connected to anything but the guest WIFI in the facility, due to the fact that I will need to download software "packages" daily. If IT knows your making their life easier, they will certainly purchase a $1.5k comp.