Help regarding panelview 550

playstarraj

I have panelview 550 and micrologix 1200 with me i have loaded a program in ML 1200 and downloaded a hmi screen through rs 232 port on hmi through serial communication. I have a port in HMI for PLC communication RS 232 DF1 but when i use it for communication with plc panelview 550 do not go online. But i have my plc connected to it. All Tags in the screen show Error as hmi is not online. How should i communicate Micrologix with Panelview 550 is there any node settings? Or any other kind of method?

The answer lies in one of the three threads that gclhortt posted.

But its always best to post the complete catalog number of your PV for the best help.

Various models of the PanelView 550 can use either DF1 Full Duplex or DH485 protocol, and the MicroLogix 1200 can be configured for either one.

Your problem is almost certainly related to the protocol you have selected, and the mode of the serial port on the MicroLogix 1200 controller.

Post the full part number of the PanelView 550. The number after the "A", like 2711-T5A3, determines the communication protocol.

The MicroLogix 1200 also has a "Default Communication" mode that temporarily puts it in DF1 Full Duplex mode. There is a green LED indicator labeled "DCOMM" that comes on when this mode is active, and you should examine that.