Micrologix 1400 Interfacing Barcode scanner

rohit_plc

Hello Experts !!

Greetings, Hope you all doing great !!

I want to Interface Multiple (Upto 10 ) Barcode Scanner Serially to PLC Micrologix 1400. Is that Possible ?

If you can use RS-485, the ML1400 channel 0 could support it, but we really need to know more about your barcode readers and the communication protocol you plan to use.

Thanks for Reply !!

All barcode will Work simultaneously, I want to do this Serially because we have only Serial barcode scanner. How this can be possible with RS485, Do we required some hardware to connect all the scanner ?

If you have to use serial, you will need something, with a buffer, that can catch all of that data,or you are going to have to make sure that one and only one scanner can send data at a time. Is it feasible to do that with this application?

Last edited:
Do you currently have the RS485 scanners?
What are the make and model of the scanners that you have or are planning to use?
This will allow us to see the protocol required.

Regards,