devicenet problem variable frequency drive Allen Bradley powerflex

veoteveo

We checked voltages, p.supply, cable, teminator resistor,etc.

rslogix sees all vfds

16 devicenet vfds are all connected but only one can accepts commands.
We removed the devicenet module from one vfd to another and it works.

we are able to upload and download to each vfd separately

we dont know why the other vfd cannot respond to commands like run and stop

if you have suffered similar issue or experience your advice to trouble shoot would be very appreciated!

thanks!

RSLogix should not "see" the VFD's; RSLinx and RSNetworx for DeviceNet perform the network browsing and configuration functions.

Do all of the drives have unique DeviceNet node numbers ?

Are all the drives properly added to the DeviceNet Scanner's scanlist ? What type of controller and scanner are you using ?

This is not a typical malfunction; it sounds like your system is only partially configured.

yes each vfd has an individual adress.
We will change the device net communication card module in the plc

Nothing you have posted suggests there is a hardware problem, so I recommend that you do not replace any hardware.

If you post complete information about the network, including the *.DNT file from RSNetworx and a PLC program file from your controller, Forum users may be able to help.

My guess is that all the drives are correctly numbered and configured, but that only one has been put into the Scanlist.

Last edited:
Please post the *.DNT file and the PLC program.

This will be the fastest way for you to get useful advice.

A "75" code on the PowerFlex is consistent with the drive not being in the Scanner's scanlist, or with bad wiring quality. It just means that the communication fault is between the 20-COMM-D and the scanner, rather than between the 20-COMM-D and the drive.

Last edited:
well this is the result.

we did a reset to factory defaults of the vfd
we downloaded some of the commands via rsnetworks from the vfd that did work and had to input other commands manually to the vfd via the front keypad.

after this all worked well and controlled remotly via plc.

thanks.