MAVE SLOGS 5000 Setup Help

lukesnhoj

Hello

I'm having some problems setting up a MAVE block.
I have searched the forum but most of the threads have ended/died without a solid answer/solution.

The current setup is a 65000 Ltr tank, 4-20mA signal from a pressure transducer. I get a solid signal but the signal dithers around by about 500-800 Ltrs making the readout very hard for operators to read and make a recording for their paperwork.

I have attached a screen shot of my current program and how I have setup the block.

I have setup a Program Tag 'MAVE_DT1_LEVEL_SCALED' to store the values in but im not sure if I have done this correctly, it is setup as a REAL with a size of 100.

My input parameter is also a REAL so im not sure if this would also cause a problem? does it need to be a INT/DINT ?

mave.jpg

What I see from the help file the Storage Array must be REAL, and an Array

looks like this Tag is not MAVE_DT1_LEVEL_SCALED

should be = REAL[100] equal to size of samples.

Last edited:
Yes I does seem to work as a REAL 100 Array, but because the value is moving so quickly the sample rate is quiet high and still fluctuates quickly.

Should I be creating a sub routine with a longer update/sampling time?

I have a couple thoughts:

1) is the readout for operators setup for real/float values.

2) You could definitely create a sub routine with a longer update/sampling time

3) You could increase the number of samples

1) Yes the readout is for the operator to check tank levels before filling and they cross reference this with the tank dip stick/chart.

2) If I create a new periodic task, can I simply just 'cut' the current routine from my main continuous task and paste it into my new periodic task?

Do I need to conduct a shift/move of the values from the periodic task to the main task where the routine once was?