Siemens drive with Rockwell PLC

gustavo_dias

Hi all,

I have a doubt about communication between Siemens drive and rockwell controller. For ethernet communication, I need an additional prosoft card or can I use rockwell ethernet card standart?

Why not design a system with a Rockwell drive?

Or use a Siemens CPU and a Siemens drive. It'll make life easier

Comparing the cost of drives is difficult, since there are usually big discounts especially if you are a steady customer. Not saying how much discount we get, but it is substantial.

Yes Rob, I'll use Rockwell controller with Rockwell drive. I was only checking cost possibilities. Thanks all for help!!

You need to factor in the engineering time costs also. Controllers and drives integrate better and easier with their own 'kind'. So it'll save engineering time with it being easier and quicker to do. Plus you'll have the full functionality to play with.

Hello, I need to communicate a G120 drive with a G control unit with redundant Allen Bradley PLCs. As soon as the program becomes "checked" redundant, impossible to communicate with. Is it the fact that the control unit G is not working with redundant PLCs?