Omron PLC IO Bus Error F

Jothiswarup

Hello all,

Recently I am having fatal "IO Bus Error F" on a system. This happens once or two a day randomly on a system which has been running for more than 10 years.

There is green run light and red "ERH" on analog module is and all other modules/PLC are off when this happens.

I replaced PSU, PLC (CJ2M) and Analog module (AB081-V1)
I/O table matches and verfied
Everything goes back to normal on re-boot.

PLC goes into error again intermittely. Any thoughts?

Error log.JPG

I've had the same error show up on a CJ2M with a MAD42 module that we traced back to poor grounding on the PLC power supply in one instance and damaged cabling on one of the outputs in another. The damaged cable was easy to diagnose, it was a hard fault. The poor grounding was trickier to find.

I've had the same error show up on a CJ2M with a MAD42 module that we traced back to poor grounding on the PLC power supply in one instance and damaged cabling on one of the outputs in another. The damaged cable was easy to diagnose, it was a hard fault. The poor grounding was trickier to find.

There are analog modules in slot 0 and 1 after CPU. It was module on slot 0 failing and I swapped both modules and it started doing on slot 1. Same result after replacing with new analog module.

I will start with checking ground connection. It is trickier because it happens very randomly.