quickpanel to fanuc robot

Scueter

Has anyone setup communications from a GE quickpanel to a Fanuc robot (R2000)? I know I have to setup the plc as a GE SNPX. The part I was wanting to know is how do I setup signal definitions. Does the quickpanel write directly to the DI/DO's and how do you setup the I/O?

I was recently stuck getting a Devicenet AB armor block mapping to the R-j3iB. The R2000s have a means of doing a network scan, atleast for devicenet, soemthing like the RSNetworkx. But i am not sure how! So I would guess, for the correct chassis mapping to your PLC, further to which you can map you DIs, Dos, GIs,GOs, you either need a driver file or a network scan. i wish I was an integrator and not the one buying stuff from an integrator!

Scueter said:
I know I have to setup the plc as a GE SNPX.?
Are you sure? I have never heard of a Fanuc Robot with SNP or SNPx capability.
You're not getting GE Fanuc mixed up with Fanuc Robots are you? These are two completly different companies.

Last edited: