Micro 830 RTC module setup

EnviroService

Hi all,

I have a AB Micro 830 - 2080 LC30 24QBB w/ 2080 MEMBAK RTC plug in module installed.

I am setting up a program where I need an output to turn on at 1am and then turn of 1min later (I have already got the TOW timer and input all the time data to turn on my output) This is already sorted, but the question is do I need to program the RTC read instruction to read the data from the module or will it automatically do this when i input the data to the TOW instruction?

Thanks

EnviroService

I have not used an RTC module, but with other plug in modules you need to download the UDFB and sample code from Rockwell. FREE.. Then import it to your project. There will be step by step instruction with the UDFB download. The FB itself when added to the project will define a plug in module slot and maybe some configuration parameters for the module.
Then your in business.

As long as the RTC has been set correctly to the current date/time the TOW will know what the Date/Time is.(If you are using the MEM-Module be sure to use it also as a program/load device) will save you from a problem later??????

Let me warn you about using the TOW functions you can not cross over the "Midnight" time line to control an output, it would take (2) TOW to make that work correctly.