Wonderware Script Issue

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

It has been a while since I've posted here but wouldn't you know it, I am posting because I've reached the end of my thether after troubleshooting a Wonderware condition script for the last two weeks (on and off, when time permits!).

Here is a part of the script which is failing on me:-

PP_EF_Start_Hr_String = StringFromIntg(PP_FE_Last_Start_Time_Hour,10);

All this script is doing is converting the PLC register value to a string value. I know the script is running since it logs the fact that is is activated to the WWLogger.

My problem lies in the fact that while the script activates, sometimes the script doesn't convert the value in the PLC to text even though both the PLC register and its corresponding tag have changed. There is even a timegap of 10 seconds built into the PLC between the time when the register changes in the PLC and when the condition script is run!

Nearly forgot:- There isn't any conditions within the script, the code is in the script as it appears above.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Regards,

Colm

If I understand correctly, sometimes the script works and sometimes it doesn't.

What integer values fail to convert? I assume that the '10' parameter in the function is the maximum number of digits? To me, that implies a 32-bit integer. Does the function work on 32-bit integers or could it be limited to 16-bit? Are the integers signed values while the script assumes unsigned (or vice versa)?

Colm,

What condition types are you using...On True/On False?

If you're not already doing it, 'try handshaking' the script call...

-Change the condition type to 'While True'
-Set the call bit/word value in the PLC
-Reset the call bit/word value at the end of the script

(Steve, the 10 is the number base representation required)

Kevin H