Omron CX Programmer slow screen update while online

69FIREBIRD

Hi, I have CX Programmer version 8.01 and have become (didn’t happen with an earlier version) frustrated when I go "online" (typically serial comms via USB to serial and at 19200)and monitor a program - the display freezes / is slow to update when you click between sections of the program or scroll up and down a section using the mouse scroll wheel or slide bar on screen. On-line edits are a nightmare and the program often crashes. I noted that the Comms indicator LED on my USB adaptor seems to be in sync with this freeze as the indicator is off while the screen freezes and then starts flashing when the display un-freezes. I don’t think it is the USB-serial adaptor because it works fine with my Rockwell & Schneider software and wasn’t a problem in an earlier version. What’s going on Omron!

Ps Computer spec is good Win XP SP3, 2GB RAM, 1.7Ghz Centrino processor and 250GB harddrive.

Are you sure it's not just too many sections opened? When online all opened sections are being updated even if they're not visible on screen...

The US company that was originally contracted to write CX-Programmer has been out of businees for quite some time. What geniuses write the code now, hard to say...

Also set CX-P to go online @ 155k - it is much better than 19.2k.

Hi, all fixed - Auto Update sorted things out.

was running CX Programmer version 8.01 and CX Server ?.? (July 2008)
now running CX Programmer version 8.20 and CX Server 4.3 (2009)

Have also set baud rate higher (19200 max) but didn’t notice to much difference will probably revert to default (9600)to avoid future issues getting online.

Thanks for your feedback.

I made a boo boo before suggesting 155k - it should be 115k baud. I run serially at 115k baud all the time these days - never slower with the modern PLCs - never have a problem. I use the Omron USB/serial converter - it is not cheap but works without a hitch always.
Even run at 115k baud with the Promi bluetooth serial ports.