can you specify bits in omron PLC's

hi there can anyone help.:unsure:

When using a mitsubishi PLC you can specifiy bits ie
k1= 4 bits
k2= 8 bits
k3= 12 bits
k4= 16 bits

so if you wanted to move only the first 4 bits on channel y40, you could write [mov k1y40 d0]or [mov k1y48 d0].

So my question is, can you do this with omron plc software.o_O

thanks lee:nodi:

You did not specify which model Omron you are using.
There are some differences based on model.
However, the MOVD (Move Digit) Instruction has been around for a long time and should work.
The trick with MOVD is the control word.
Please take a look in the Programming manual for your model and it should help you.

You will need to download the W340 manual.
This is the programming manual for CS1/CJ1 processors.
The control word in the instruction indicates which digit(s) will be moved from the source word to the destination word.
See attachment for more information.

MOVD.jpg

many thanks i have managed to get it working, my aim was to use the plc's clock address a351.00 and so on the first 8 bits signfiys seconds and that last 8 bits signifys minutes so wanted to but them seperatly in to their own data memory. it works but its a bit long winded mitsi is far easier.o_O

thanks alot lee (y)

it works but its a bit long winded mitsi is far easier
I use both and do not agree. I also use masks extensively (ANDW) and this makes life extremely easy.
It is always hard getting used to a different brand by the waY.