Connecting CX Programmer to Omron CJ1m

kasonknight

I've been having trouble getting online with a CJ1M-13. i am using a Keyspan USB-Serial cable and all of the com settings look fine. Everytime I try to use "auto online" feature the program seems to stall while it is searching- it stays on the screen shown in the image below for several minutes until I eventually have to force close. The network configuration tool within CX one has similar results when I try to scan serial ports - hangs on detecting until force close. I have tried with the #5 dip switch both on and off and get the same result. Any ideas? Thanks.

Untitled_zps6d6b387f.png

The Keyspan USB adapter usually works OK with a CJ1M IF you have the correct cable to connect to the PLC's serial port. The Omron serial port is not a standard pinout.
The normal setting for the serial port using toolbus is 9600,Even,7,2.

Thanks for the quick responses.

COM1 is mapped to the keyspan but I was in fact using a standard straight through serial cable (I am admittedly new to Omron PLCs).

I will give that cable pinout a try but I noticed the CJ series wasn't listed on the document. I have done some additional searching but have unfortunately found some variances in what others have said the pinout is : http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-53115.html

Thanks again!