Getting Started with Red Lion G306K

rmb550

I am struggling with getting this thing started.
I have installed Crimson 3.0 to a laptop and have connected a USB to RS232 converter that works perfectly with another device.
I think I need confirmation of pinouts to make a cable that will go from the converter to the HMI.
The existing device used the following pins:
Converter Pin1 >> Jump to Converter Pin4
Converter Pin2 >> Device Pin 3
Converter Pin3 >> Device Pin 2
Converter Pin4 >> Jump to Converter Pin 1 & Converter Pin 6
Converter Pin5 >> Device Pin 5
Converter Pin6 >> Jump to Converter Pin 4
Converter Pin7 >> Jump to Converter Pin 8
Converter Pin8 >> Jump to Converter Pin 7 and Device Pin 8
Converter Pin9 >> No Connection
I also need some guidance as to which port I should use.
Thanks,
rmb

On page 3 of the G306K manual (LINK), it shows the pinouts for the ports. Try making up a cable with 2 DB-9 female connectors to go from your converter to the G306K, and wire it like this:

Converter Pin2 >> G306K Pin7
Converter Pin3 >> G306K Pin8
Converter Pin5 >> G306K Pin5

You want to use the 'Programming Port' on the G306K

🍻

-Eric

Eric,
Thanks for this -- that is what I made -- but I have no idea how to find out if the device is communicating with my PC.....
rmb

I have the ALM & COM LED's flashing at a very high rate.
When I turn on DIP switches 1 & 2 and cycle the power, nothing changes.
Do I have a DOA HMI??
rmb