Communicate MultiPanel (siemens) Modicon PLC

juanmdx

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to communicate a MultiPanel MP277 touch screen (from Siemens) with a Modicon PLC (984), so, I built the proyect on WinCC Flex I choose a Modicon PLC as a drive, then I connected an RS422/RS232 converter to the MP (the converter is from siemens 6AV6671-8XE00-0AX0), then I've the cable wich is also a siemens, it's a 6ES7901-1BF00-0AX0 and then I have the PLC.

The thing is that I'm not having any communication, is like if the MP is not seeing the PLC. I'm not shure if I've everything OK or if I'm missing something.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Juan

OK, I think I solved my previous problem, but I came out with a bigger one.

The thing is that on connections I choose a 984 PLC, but I actually have a TSX Quantum, but when I choose this PLC all my tags go "Out of Value" I'm using 3X and 4X registers (ex. 3X0001, 4X0090) and eveyone goes wrong.

I checked and WinCC Flex force me to use 6 digits after the X, ex: 4X412345 but there should be only 5, so I'm adding a 0 after the second 4, ex. 4X401234.

I will check if it work this way...

Juan

No, still not working.
I already checked that the switch on the PLC is on RTU as the Siemens manual sais, but still nothing...

Does anyone have a clue of what might be going on?

GeoffC said:
At a guess I dont think you need the second 4 ie to read first register it would be 4X000001

Yes I need it becaus if I write the adress 4X000001 WinCC Flex turns it to 4X1