Totally OT, but I know the answer is here.

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Totally OT, but I know the answer is here.I've been dumped with a problem of having to put together some documents for a customer. What I really want to do is take a screen dump and then edit it (so I can add a few words of text).

My probelm is, it's been years since I done anything like this and I've forgotten how to do this in windows (complete brain ****).
I kind of remember that you can use the Prnt Scrn key and then edit an image in Paint, but that's about all I remember (and I messed with it for 5 minutes and got nowhere - must be my age).

Please help, I got a customer waiting on some info.
Many thanks in advance :geek:

Mart

The PRNT-SCRN button on the keyboard takes the image currently displayed on your screen and dumps it to your Windows cipboard. Once you hit PRNT-SCRN then open up your favorite graphic editor (I use Photoshop 7), create a new document with the same dimensions as your screen resolution (ie 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024, etc), and then paste from clipboard (CTRL-V).

This should get the image into your graphic editor.

You can also do a CTRL-PRNT-SCRN to capture only the active window, but I've found this to only work some of the time.

Another tip - if you have Adobe (I think the full program, not just the reader) save your screen shot as a jpg and you can open it in Adobe and save it as a pdf, and then annotate, mark, etc. as needed.