PID loop control variable to powerflex 40

TheClint

Hello all,

I am having a weird issue with the output of my PID on a compact logix controller that will not let me input the variable into my reference command to my powerflex 40. I am not so sure this is actually a PID error because everything is working correctly on my PID loop and it actually will scale and give me a correct output on my control variable.

The problem is that I cannot send the output number to my powerflex 40 drive (ethernet) I have confirmed everything is working on communication and can start and stop the drive and recieve status from the drive. but when i MOV a INT into the reference INT the value does not register. (the tag still reads 0 even though the first tag in the MOV is value 630.)

for example, I made an INT tag and placed it in my control variable position on my ladder logic block for PID. when I run the loop the output tag registers 630, which means 63.0 hz reference should be sent to the drive. just under the PID loop I have a MOV instruction that moves the INT tag into the output to the comm-e card and it will not register in this tag.

It is an alias tag, but so are all my other communication tags to the drive so i do not think this is an issue.

I have the PID in a periodic task that executes every 1000ms and the PID does not execute until i am actually telling the drive to run via a XIC bit.

thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I am having a weird issue with the output of my PID on a compact logix controller that will not let me input the variable into my reference command to my powerflex 40. I am not so sure this is actually a PID error because everything is working correctly on my PID loop and it actually will scale and give me a correct output on my control variable.

The problem is that I cannot send the output number to my powerflex 40 drive (ethernet) I have confirmed everything is working on communication and can start and stop the drive and recieve status from the drive. but when i MOV a INT into the reference INT the value does not register. (the tag still reads 0 even though the first tag in the MOV is value 630.)

for example, I made an INT tag and placed it in my control variable position on my ladder logic block for PID. when I run the loop the output tag registers 630, which means 63.0 hz reference should be sent to the drive. just under the PID loop I have a MOV instruction that moves the INT tag into the output to the comm-e card and it will not register in this tag.

It is an alias tag, but so are all my other communication tags to the drive so i do not think this is an issue.

I have the PID in a periodic task that executes every 1000ms and the PID does not execute until i am actually telling the drive to run via a XIC bit.

thanks in advance!

Either your Move (MOV) is not being executed for some reason, or the Value of the INT Tag is being overwritten somewhere else.

Double check your setup, and do a Cross Reference to see if it being written over somewhere else.

Stu.....

You probably checked this but, check and see if you are calling the routine with the PID instruction

just taken at face value - it sounds like the PID is putting out a value - and that you're trying to use a MOVE command to overwrite the PID's output with another value of your own choosing ...

can you post your ENTIRE .ACD program file? ... (you'll have to zip it first - forum rule) ... the more we can see about your problem, the more detailed we can make our answers ...