Red Lion G315 - Communications Issues / Reset to Factory?

Then either the G315 is not set to receive downloads via Ethernet or the Crimson 3.0 software is not set to send that way.

How did you set the IP in the Display? Did you use the power up with 1st and 4th buttons pressed method? If so, it is set correctly. If not, clear the database if there is one by using power up with 1st and 2nd buttons pressed. Then power up with 1st and 4th pressed and set the IP address again.

Once the display shows the correct IP address and says that it is ready for Ethernet download try again.

If you are already at this screen, we can look at your Crimson 3.0 settings.

Held 1st & 4th button to set the IP on the 315. The display shows it is ready.

Then went onto Crimson > Link > Selected TCP/IP

Went onto Network > Ethernet 1 > Enabled > IP address set to 192.168.1.20

Network > Download > "IP Download" set to Enabled.

Thanks

Held 1st & 4th button to set the IP on the 315. The display shows it is ready.

Then went onto Crimson > Link > Selected TCP/IP

Went onto Network > Ethernet 1 > Enabled > IP address set to 192.168.1.20

Network > Download > "IP Download" set to Enabled.

Thanks

If you can't download now, what is Unit Addressing (under Communications - Download) set to?

Are you directly connected to the display? If not, is it possible that another device (like a computer) set to 192.168.1.20?

If you can't download now, what is Unit Addressing (under Communications - Download) set to?

Are you directly connected to the display? If not, is it possible that another device (like a computer) set to 192.168.1.20?

I cannot find this option, where exactly is it?

Thanks

It is set to "AutoEthernet1" and then greyed out is the IP 192.168.1.20

Thanks

It sounds like you have another device on the network with 192.168.1.20. Try changing the IP on the display the way you did it before and then change your Crimson 3.0 address.

If you want to post your configuration, I'll take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.

It sounds like you have another device on the network with 192.168.1.20. Try changing the IP on the display the way you did it before and then change your Crimson 3.0 address.

If you want to post your configuration, I'll take a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.

We have removed the PC from the network as it only has one ethernet port so there is simply the g315 and the pc connectd together. We have also tried different IP addresses for the G315.

cheers

We have removed the PC from the network as it only has one ethernet port so there is simply the g315 and the pc connectd together. We have also tried different IP addresses for the G315.

cheers

Try pinging it again with the PC connected directly to the Display, no switches at all.

Post your configuration and I'll look at it but I'm not sure what else it might be. If you can ping it, and it is actually the Display that is responding, then you should be able to download to it if all the settings are correct. It isn't rocket science...

Thats what I thought!!

I have over 100 G315s (not counting G310s) in the field and I *always* download via Ethernet. I download with direct connections, through switches, and even to ones on other networks through gateways.

Good day,
I encountered the same problem today with a CR1000-07000 using Crimson 3.1.

I was able to download to the device through USB, I could ping the device at the IP I set from my PC, the device could communicate to the PLC, but when I would try to download from the Crimson software through Ethernet, I would get the error "unable to open communications port".

In the Crimson software, from the navigation pane, I went to "Communications" > "Network" > "Download" tab. Under the header "Remote Update", I had IP Download enabled. I then had a look at "Unit Addressing" and noticed Selection Mode set to Auto Ethernet 1. I changed this to Manual and Remote Address was no longer greyed out. I entered the device IP address in this field.

I saved and was able to send an update through Ethernet.

Last edited: