Ramp/Soak instruction rs5000

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey, folks. I was wondering if there's any more information or literature regarding the ramp soak instruction in rs5000. I have a test cell that I wrote ladder logic to control, and it uses a lot of sequencing for the temp control from cool to heat and back--minutes per degree, extremes of -40 to 140 F.
I am completing this project now, and the logic I wrote works, but it's "Clunky". 22 rungs. I looked at instruction help of course, and it seems like that Ramp/Soak goes along with a PIDE?
Is there any samples of programming and where do I find them, or, is there any more details of how to configure them besides instruction help. I guess I'm just dense, can't quite figure how to set one up. Thanks.
BTW, I'm using rs5000 V. 20.04 and a 1769 L30ER.

In logix 5000, in instruction help, it's under "process control instructions", (not available in ladder, and that's OK because I already have a FBD routine for scaling) in FBD list, 4th from left "RMPS". Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
I don't find a ramp-soak instruction in RS5000 standard list of instructions. Sure it isn't someones AOI?

Its called "RMPS" not available in ladder logic. See pdf

I have not used it, don't have the software and it looks way to complicated for me.

EDIT: saultgeorge types faster then I.

Last edited: