Banner DMX 100 gateway stops responding after sometime.

shiv4nsh

I am facing this issue quite often where I want to read from this gateway but it stops after sometime. I am able to read data from it for few hours but after that it stops responding. Has anyone faced such issue ?

Could someone please help me out in finding out whats the problem.

I suggest slowing down the rate at which you are polling the device. You may be asking for data more frequently than the gateway can handle. At first it may buffer the pending requests, but it could be locking up when the buffer gets full. Cycling power flushes the buffer. By slowing your polling to a rate such that the gateway has responded to each data request before the next request is received, you eliminate the usage of the buffer.
Please note that I have never used the device you are having problems with. I am just offering a possible explanation for the behavior you're experiencing and a potential remedy. Also, you didn't mention what protocol you're using for communications and whether it is a communications driver you purchased or one you programmed yourself.

Last edited:
I am using Modbus to Read the Gateway , after digging up some more What I found out was the the Radio that is attached with the sensor from which gateway is polling the value is hanging itself. We have defined it 2 seconds to transmit that value from Radio to the Gateway. Is this something too quick ? 2 sec per reading.

One More thing we are trying to read from gateway values in the same rate i.e. one value per two second. But slowing this wont do any change on the rate at which the radio is emitting .
Correct ?

It sounds like there are four devices involved. Your host PC, the gateway, the radio, and the sensor. If I understand correctly the gateway polls the sensor through the radio and the host PC polls the gateway.
Which device locks up? Does the host PC stop requesting data from the gateway? Does the gateway stop responding to requests from the host PC? Does the gateway stop polling the sensor? Does the sensor stop responding to requests from the gateway? Determining which device is the source of the lockup will go a long way toward figuring out the correct approach to fixing the problem.

Yeah you got the infra correct. So When I try to poll Values from gateway via PC then the value changes But after some time it stops changing . Then my first hunch was Gateway is faulty but then when I try to connect to the Radio as it is itself a Modbus Slave then I am seeing that it is hanged too. Hence I presume Gateway is working fine and its getting data that is not changing from the radio, But still I am not sure about it.
Everywhere the setting of polling the data is 2 sec.

Restarting the gateway does not solve the problem , but restarting the Remote unit does solve it . Hence i assume the problem is with the Remote Unit (Model no is : DX80DR9M-HB2)