A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Guys
I have no experience creating an HMI and saw this post. Very thankful for the OP and everyone else who is dedicating time to this project.
I opened the QuickStart.pdf that came with the download. I need to d/l Visual Basic. I do not have it currently on my machine. Microsoft's website is giving me a dizzying amount of options for which version to download and the graphics on the website are very annoying to boot.
Anyhow, I'm running Windows 7 with an i3 processor. I don't want to pay for the program if I don't have to (and also I'm not a student). Can someone link me to the program I need to download? Do I absolutely need to have a Microsoft account to d/l it?
Thanks

Just having an initial go at this....

Set it up quite easily, thanks to the Getting Started pdf, so tried to link a BasicButton to a BOOL in the controller, that's all - got OverflowException error (see pic).

I'm using the EthernetIPforCLXCom driver, and the controller is an L62, version 16.

The bit was written on in the controller..

Any ideas anyone ?

oops !!

I tried this again with a Momentary Button and got the same result....

Also, what's the syntax for getting Program-Scoped Tag values?

2013-11-18_201724.jpg

What is the tag type you put in PLCAddressClick for the button? A BOOL, an element of a BOOL array, or a bit in a DINT?

To use a program scope tag, use this format:

PROGRAM:programname.tagname

A unique BOOL, I tag-named it BasicButton1

Just tried it again with a BOOL tag called TestButton - still the same response

Last edited:
It reads fine - I've done a digital display of a DINT tag and all is well...

2013-11-18_213012.jpg

Ok thanks Archie - there's no rush, I'm not on a "mission", just learning...

Here's another one that you might like to look at, this Guage complains CommComponent Property Not Set at runtime, but it is...

I tried it with a Program-Scoped tag at first (to the format you posted), then changed it to a controller tag just to check it wasn't that, same result...

2013-11-18_214348.jpg 2013-11-18_214409.jpg

Last edited: