Wonderware Historian to Crystal Report

Good Day,

Just wanna ask if somebody had an experience working Wonderware Historian with Crystal Report as Report Generator?

We have already set up the Historian, What I cannot figure out is what database should I choose to pull the data from and put it in the Crystal report field.

Thank You!

Good Day,

Just wanna ask if somebody had an experience working Wonderware Historian with Crystal Report as Report Generator?

We have already set up the Historian, What I cannot figure out is what database should I choose to pull the data from and put it in the Crystal report field.

Thank You!
I used the Crystal Report with InSQL before (10 years ago) I don't remember exactly the details but I think you have to pull data from the Runtime database of the Wonderware Historian. I guess inSQL is the previous name of Historian.

We use Microsoft Reporting Services, but you are correct it is the Runtime Database and you would query the analog, string or discrete history tables depending on what you are logging.

Thank you guys for replying. I tried to pull data from the "runtime" database and was able to gather some data.

Thank you again, I'll keep you updated on what's happening on our Report.

Cheers!

I tried to get data from Views>Analog History but I got an error. Any ideas why did it happened?

I checked and found out Historian is running.

I attached some snapshot for reference.

Thank you guys

analog history.jpg error.jpg

I tried to get data from Views>Analog History but I got an error. Any ideas why did it happened?

I checked and found out Historian is running.

I attached some snapshot for reference.

Thank you guys
The error said you don't have at least one valid tagname in query. Check your query script.

Yes, you will have to create a query that will run every time the report runs to pull the data you need.

thank you very much Sir, Since I dont have any experience in SQL scripting what I did for now is to copy that SQL script from the Query of the Wonderware Historian Client.

Thank you again Sir.

thank you very much Sir, Since I dont have any experience in SQL scripting what I did for now is to copy that SQL script from the Query of the Wonderware Historian Client.

Thank you again Sir.
You should step back and think hard why would you take on a task that pretty advance and you have no experience in both the Crystal Report and the Wonderware Historian.

I was very proficient with InSQL and it took me quite a while to figure out the Crystal Report could not produce the required report for the customer without a middle step in InSQL.

I don't think your final product will be satisfied. It's ok if you are just try to learn but to make a real report, it requires a lot of reading and understanding what the Crystal Report can or cannot do. Most likely, Crystal Report is for business database where data are either entered once in a while or a fix predefined number of records, etc. Wonderware Historian (InSQL) data on the other hand are continuous stream of data from a device base on date and time. The customers often ask for minimum, maximum, total, average for a day, a week, or a month. They also often ask for the data of more than one devices on the same report. Crystal Report has a hard time dealing with this kind of report.

You should step back and think hard why would you take on a task that pretty advance and you have no experience in both the Crystal Report and the Wonderware Historian.

I was very proficient with InSQL and it took me quite a while to figure out the Crystal Report could not produce the required report for the customer without a middle step in InSQL.

I don't think your final product will be satisfied. It's ok if you are just try to learn but to make a real report, it requires a lot of reading and understanding what the Crystal Report can or cannot do. Most likely, Crystal Report is for business database where data are either entered once in a while or a fix predefined number of records, etc. Wonderware Historian (InSQL) data on the other hand are continuous stream of data from a device base on date and time. The customers often ask for minimum, maximum, total, average for a day, a week, or a month. They also often ask for the data of more than one devices on the same report. Crystal Report has a hard time dealing with this kind of report.

Yup, you're right Sir. This is my first time to handle this kind of task that's why I'm on the question-read stage of learning. Crystal Report was on the specs of the project and I have no time to argue with that so all I have to do is to learn the basics and somehow manage to absorb the lessons quickly. You are correct, we have to pull the Total, min,max and average flow. Thank you for the motivation Sir. I'll try try my best.