Failed to logon to Wonderware Application Server

Good Day,

We are having a problem on logging in the administrator account in our Application Server, the story goes like this.

On our GR-Node , we configure the security as "Archestra" with Administrator as our username, no password.

Then, we deploy our HMI into the workstation (lets call it STATION1).
Once successfully deployed. We ran the Viewer and it was able to get the data. but the problem arise when we are trying to log-on to the administrator account, so that we can have the full capability of controlling all the devices for the purpose of testing.

Error message says: Failed to logon to Wonderware Application Server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We already followed the troubleshooting guide that we got from the Wonderware TechTips but still we are having these log on problem.

BTW:
We are using the following software versions:

(Both GR-NODE and STATION1)

System Platform 2012 R2
Application Server 3.6
Wonderware 10.6

I'm having a thought that having a no password Administrator account affects the issue o_O

Thank you for the replies!

Have a Good Day!

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't every node have to have the same username and password for Wonderware to work properly? Especially when trying to run administrator accounts and deploying your application to the various nodes? If I understand you correctly, you have the different nodes set up with different usernames. I know I've had problems with that in the past.

SiriusMark, the service account needs to be the same on all machines to handle inter platform functions.This is separate to your integrated application security.

I normally do development without a password so i dont think that is the issue. Have a look at the Archestra services. Make sure they are all healthy and running.

Try creating a secondary user with a different username and give him Administrator privileges.

Hi,

Thank you for replying, I will check those Archestra Services, and post here the screenshots. We changed the Security type to OS-User based, but when we are using the remote nodes, (deployed "for view nodes") log in the OS-based username and password, we still got this error message: Failed to logon to Wonderware Application Server.

I will continue searching for other tech tips and manuals. thanks again for replying.

for now, since we are still on development and testing phase, we published the application so that our engineers can test the completed side of the project.

Hi Guys, Its working now,

After verifying that UAC for both nodes was set to the lowest.
What our colleague did as per advised by Wonderware support is to un-deploy the platform on the remote Station, then after that,
Reboot the GR-node.
after the GR-node was rebooted, re-deploy the platform,View Engine and the application respectively.

After that, we are able to successfully logged in the Remote Node.

Thanks for the replies. Hope this thread will help out other members that will encounter this kind of problem.

🍻

Hi all,

If you had any of the below problem you may just restart GR-Node only.

1. Failed to logon to Wonderware Application Server ( If you are trying to logon as a user/operator/technician or higher level users but facing this message, However, Other all operations are normal for example, existing users can operate the plant as desired)

2. If you want to deploy/undeploy any view station but you are getting " Failed to deployed while GR node Application is not started"

Solution: RESTART GR-NODE
(You may need a planned shutdown or something like this. it depends on your process/plant).