Adding 1794-adn and 5 100-dny41r to DeviceNet

Jcooli09

This is killing me. I've only got one facility with DeviceNet and don't really know much about it.

We're expanding that facility, and I need to add FlexI/O and 5 motors to our system. I've got them on the DeviceNet, I can see them in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet. The and Mod/Net status lights are both green on the Flex I/O, but the I/O status light is off. I'm not getting any data that I can see in Studio 5000.

In RSNetWorx, I ran a diagnostic and I've got a 'I\O Data Size Comparison error. I don't know how to fix it.

Can anyone offer some advice?

I see that I'm getting a message about this node which says "Address 28: [slot6] One or more invalid constant bits has been uploaded for 'ProxyAssem5'. The default bits (as specified in the EDS file) will be used.

That module is a 1794-OE4/B.

I tried to attach a copy of the file uploaded from DeviceNet, but it wouldn't work for some reason.

I see that I'm getting a message about this node which says "Address 28: [slot6] One or more invalid constant bits has been uploaded for 'ProxyAssem5'. The default bits (as specified in the EDS file) will be used.

That module is a 1794-OE4/B.

I tried to attach a copy of the file uploaded from DeviceNet, but it wouldn't work for some reason.

You can use the getting start guide with device net
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp...t getting results -1756-DNB and RSNetWorx.doc

It sounds like you've learned the basics of using RSNetworx to create a scanlist and memory map in the PLC interface module.

So now you're facing an issue with RSNetworx and a FLEX I/O module. Unfortunately, FLEX is one of the trickiest platforms to work with in RSNetworx because of its modular nature and configurability.

What version of RSNetworx for DeviceNet are you using ?

What kind of scanner device ? 1756-DNB, 1769-SDN, etc ? What kind of PLC controller ?

List the full set of FLEX modules that will be connected to the 1794-ADN Adapter.

The proxy assembly error and the crash when configuring the module may be related to one another.

My guess is that there are some invalid settings in the FLEX adapter and the modules that RSNetworx can't resolve. A reset to defaults and careful re-configuration from scratch is probably necessary.

To post a *.DNT configuration file, ZIP it and us the Attach Files feature. Un-zipped file formats can't be attached to the forum's fileserver.

I'm not sure how well I have mapping down, it mapped itself as soon as I got it to recognize my devices.

I'm running RSNetWorx for DeviceNet V 28.01.

The scanner 1756-DNB, the PLC is a 1756-L81E ControlLogix 5580.

My modules (in order) are 1794-IA16, 1794-OA16, 1794-IA16, 1794-OA16, 1794-IA16, 1794-IE8, 1794-OE4.

I attached a zipped copy to this reply.

This is a relatively large network (34 slaves) with a handful of complex devices (FLEX adapters, PowerMonitors, etc). Don't be afraid of it, but do treat it with care.

Be careful with the existing Scanlist. Upload the scanlist from the 1756-DNB and save the *.DNT file somewhere safe.

While allowing the "Auto Map" feature to work is sometimes consistent with whatever the original designers did, it can also lead to mis-mapping of data.

The Node 28 configuration in the *.DNT file you posted looks consistent with the modules you described. The IA16 and OA16 are simple and will just take up 16 bits of Input and Output data (they each use both Input and Output data, by default).

I am running RSNetworx for DeviceNet v 27.00 and was able to open up the configuration applet for the FLEX adapter at Node 28 without any errors.

There might be some invalid data abandoned in the FLEX adapter's configuration. If you scroll down the Configuration window in the Flex Configuration Settings tab, you will see the value 1536 in ID 1060, and the value 1 in ID 1008. They're labeled "unused word". When you click the "Defaults" button, they get set back to zero, and the Output Channel 0,1,2,3 Range Selection bits get set to 4-20 mA instead of "None".

I recommend taking two steps to protect your project:

1. Upload (not download !) from the 1756-DNB and save the *.DNT file with a name like "DNB Scanlist Only".

2. Browse the network so that all the devices you expect appear, right-click on an empty space, and select "Upload from Network". Save the resulting *.DNT file with a name like "Uploaded Network Feb24".

Then you can go in and configure the 1794-ADN at Node 28 for the appropriate module settings and data sizes, including resetting the Analog module configurations to default and re-configuring them.

Once you have done that, and the software knows how much Input and Output data to account for on the FLEX adapter, you can go to the 1756-DNB scanlist and I/O map, and carefully add each of those devices one at a time.

Just dropping back in to mention the solution to this issue, just in case someone else runs into the same thing.

When I originally connected the FlexI/O to the DeviceNet, it found all the modules that were installed. The EDS file included on the 1794-OE4 must have had an issue, because I solved this by deleting that module from the FlexI/O Module Configuration tab, and using the one in the hardware list on the left side of the dialog window.

I still had to edit the I/O parameters in the scanlist, but the Restore I/O button produced the data I though I should have. As soon as I did that the problem went away, my DeviceNet is happy.

So am I. I did a happy dance.