How to connect to SEW MOVIDRIVE

Leukic

Sew Movidrive is model MDX61B0150-203-4-OT.

It is connected via Ethernet to STudio5000.
I have a seperation belt that this drive controls and we had a power surge wednesday. I can manually move the belts using the DBG control pad thats is plugged into the drive. But when I use the JOG or/and Auto mode the belts will not move.

I have tried copying parameters from another belt via DBG controller on to this drive and still the same issue.

I am getting the Input from the hmi PB and the Output from plc to the drive.

NOW- I downloaded the MOVITOOLS software from SEW and connected my laptop via ethernet to the drive and once I get movitools open and set up when I SCAN for stuff on the network It never finds the drive.
I have also plugged into the main ethernet hub and it still will not find it.

I have searched and found a few threads about I need a SEW's USB11A cable kit?

If it is controlled via ethernet I should be able to find it when I connect straight it correct?

You should be able to do it over ethernet with MotionStudio. Is the card in the drive a DFE33B? The first thing I would do is to see if you can ping the drive when connected to the network. If you can't ping the IP address, you need to sort that out first. Are you setting your laptop's network address to be on the same subnet?

You should be able to do it over ethernet with MotionStudio. Is the card in the drive a DFE33B? The first thing I would do is to see if you can ping the drive when connected to the network. If you can't ping the IP address, you need to sort that out first. Are you setting your laptop's network address to be on the same subnet?

We have a desktop that is connected to the machine via ethernet. So I downloaded movitools on it since I could not get it to work for me on my laptop.

Jeev, today I installed a new drive replacement. Swapped over the memory card from the old drive and now

I also can not see the new drive on Movitools but I can see another drive for a different belt on movitiools.

Did you verify the address of the drive and were you able to ping it? What's the status of the Ethernet connection between the drive and the PLC?

Did you verify the address of the drive and were you able to ping it? What's the status of the Ethernet connection between the drive and the PLC?

I figured it out Jeev. I had to add the ip address back to the movistudio for the drive.

Got the drive able to run via movistudio. Somehow I removed it. THanks for the input.🍻