rs logix 500 to rs logix 5000 conversion

dear all,

i have one slc5/04.in that indirect addressing is used so when i convert to rs 5000 it gives error so how to solve that error?
like N17:[N23:1][N22:1]
SO PLEASE LET KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE

other information regardong this conversion

There's something missing from your address, probably a decimal point.

N17:[N23:1].[N22:1]

This is a two-level indirect address. The first pointer, N23:1, is for the Element number. The second pointer, N22:1, is for the Bit number.

The same effect can be addressed in RSLogix 5000, but the addressing is going to look very confusing because of the way the SLC-500 data tables are converted to INT[x] array tags.

N17[N23[1]].[N22[1]] should be the correct syntax.

If this were my system, I would create new, descriptive tags for N23:1 and N22:1, even if they are just called WordPointer and BitPointer.

RSLogix 5000 conversion utility warnings are sometimes just for the purpose of drawing your attention to a function that requires careful consideration, and indirect addressing is one of those functions.

If this were my system, I would create new, descriptive tags for N23:1 and N22:1, even if they are just called WordPointer and BitPointer.

If this were my system, I would create new, descriptive alias tags for N23[1] and N22[1], and use these in my code....

WordPointer = alias for N23[1]
BitPointer = alias for N22[1]

N17[WordPointer].[BitPointer]

I would not go messing with the original code