RS5000 function block

g7283jl

I need help with converting a ladder program to function block.

The program is a basic motor stop/start circuit with seal in with a Run/jog switch.

I set up the function block program for the motor stop/start citcuit with seal in but can't figure out how to set the function block with the run/jog switch.

Welcome to the Forum !

I strongly recommend that you provide a screenshot, rather than a general description, of the RLL logic. I can think of a handful of different ways to logically implement a "jog" switch.

Stop Start CR
----- ] [ --------------- ] [ -------------------------------------------------------------( )-------
| Run / Jog CR |
-------- ] [ ----------- ] [ ---------

Stop Start CR
----- ] [ ---------------- ] [ -------------------------------------------------------------( )--------
| Run / Jog CR |
----- ] [ ----------- ] [ ------------

Hi g7283ji
if you are running windows 7 use the snipping tool on your actual program
or download MWSNAP 3
either of thee will allow you to post a JPG as per sample

temp.JPG

the run /jog switch needs to be in series with the hold in contact
in the Run mode it allows the relay coil hold in.
In the Jog mode, the coil can only be energised when the button is pressed

DISCLAIMER: we might not be talking about the same "function block" ... if so, feel free to ignore this post ...

but ...

if you mean Function Block Diagram programming (FBD) then the figure below might be helpful in giving you some basic ideas ...

I'm just curious - but why on earth would you want to make this type of conversion? ... (school assignment perhaps?) ... many (most?) people would consider this type of control much better suited to programming in Ladder Logic rather than in Function Block Diagramming ... (but then again, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean by "function block") ...

FBD_sealin.PNG

Last edited: