Ftv me 8 alarm triggers

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Morning

I have created an alarm list in FTV ME, this time i used DINTs to bank certain alarm together such as individual tank alarms or system alarms like low air pressure or low water flow.

Capture.GIF

In this situation the number (1) is used four times in the trigger value.

My question is when TANK_ONE_ALARM.1 with a trigger of (1) is set (TANK ONE heater in overload) will it also trigger TANK_TWO_ALARM.1 with a trigger value of (1) (TANK TWO heater in overload)

Thank you for helping clear up this confusion.

It's tough to know, without actually seeing the triggers tab. So I'll guess.
But it looks like you have mixed up Bit trigger with Analog values. Easy to do as the alarm setup is confusing.

From what you have shown, you should only need two triggers
Code:
Mainprogram.TANK_ONE_Alarms
Mainprogram.TANK_TWO_Alarms

The trigger type should be bit.
Then on the messages tab you would list the bit number for the value. Note that you can't use 0 here. So, a trigger value of 1 means to enable that alarm when Bit 0 is set.

If you leave all the triggers as they are (one trigger for every bit) then you need to change all the alarm message values to 1.
Ex. the alarm trigger Program.Tank_ONE.Alarms.7 cannot have a value of 7. That's a bit; can only be 0 or 1.

John,

Something that may be of use to you when using FTView ME Alarm triggers set to "Bit", if you create a DINT array of say size 5 you can do the following:

{[Topic]MainProgram.TANK_ONE_ALARMS[0],L5} <- Trigger (L5 signifies length of 5)
Trigger Value = 1 <- Corresponds to [0].0
Trigger Value = 160 <- Corresponds to [4].31 (the last available bit in the array)

This will give you a possibility of 160 alarms while only using one trigger.

-Nathan