The unusual suspects

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I installed some Rockwell Autom. apps using the files with the MD5 checksums below. Can anyone please confirm that these are the correct files from RA? Although there are other suspects, I ask because I have been peppered with adware since these installs, so I am checking everything.

Thanks.

8a3f5394abc5c4d8055dfca023c00a5e *RSLogixMicroLite.8.10.zip
ea6ad0f8f666ffa2eab338d035b7809a *6.00.00-RSLogixEmulate500-CD.exe
a0606d4e59a6ecd762d49f1d168bf920 *Micro_Lite_830.zip.exe
637d416fb91932a6d107fa266b8a3e2f *2.57.00-RSLinxLite-A-DVD.exe

Last edited:
Last edited:
I installed some Rockwell Autom. apps using the files with the MD5 checksums below. Can anyone please confirm that these are the correct files from RA? Although there are other suspects, I ask because I have been peppered with adware since these installs, so I am checking everything.

Thanks.

8a3f5394abc5c4d8055dfca023c00a5e *RSLogixMicroLite.8.10.zip
ea6ad0f8f666ffa2eab338d035b7809a *6.00.00-RSLogixEmulate500-CD.exe
a0606d4e59a6ecd762d49f1d168bf920 *Micro_Lite_830.zip.exe
637d416fb91932a6d107fa266b8a3e2f *2.57.00-RSLinxLite-A-DVD.exe
Excellent!

They match up with the checksums in the direct download path; I didn't even notice that the first time

Thank you.

Follow-up: it looks like I did not pick this (the adware) up from RA: I have since turned off notifications from Chrome, and the adware disappeared.

Just a heads up, the Chrome notifications aren’t adware or viruses. A website may have spoofed you or someone into clicking ok to allow notifications. There is most likely NOT a background program causing those annoying notification pop ups, it is just a stupid built in service in Chrome that unfortunately, people use to simulate the old school adware pop ups.

Just a heads up, the Chrome notifications aren’t adware or viruses. A website may have spoofed you or someone into clicking ok to allow notifications. There is most likely NOT a background program causing those annoying notification pop ups, it is just a stupid built in service in Chrome that unfortunately, people use to simulate the old school adware pop ups.

Ah, thanks, I just remembered Chrome has internal notifications block/allow settings, and there it was: https://www1.news-back.com:443!

Thank you very much.

Does anyone have a legit website they allow notifications for?
For me I always find it audacious that a website would like to send me notifications. If I want notifications, I'm creating an account and having you send me an email.

I guess they are trying to make an environment much like smart phones with App notifications.

But to answer your question, absolutely not in a web browser. Then again, the only time I’m on a web browsers other than my phone is work related, and I don’t want to be bothered about fake flash player warnings or god knows what else.

Does anyone have a legit website they allow notifications for?
For me I always find it audacious that a website would like to send me notifications. If I want notifications, I'm creating an account and having you send me an email.
Sometimes when there's a particularly riveting news story unfolding (like Australia's biennial leadership spill) I like to have the live news blog giving me notifications with each new post, so I can keep working and still keep an eye on which politician has knifed which this time. Unfortunately the notifications on my preferred news site don't work even when I allow them so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯