PV+1000 Program conversion to Compact logix

Project up and running

Just a quick posting to thank everyone who contributed to this thread.
The project is up and running well.

The biggest job was converting all the direct reference tags in the HMI graphic displays, these were in no way compatible with the new CLX. I now understand why HMI tags are so commonly used as they were much easier to export into excel and change.

The problems I had Communicating SLC to CLX were all solved by using 'MultiHop' in the SLC MSG config page (found thanks to a work collegue). A basic feature i had never used before and something I dont recall being highlighted in Rockwell literature. But that is probably just me skimming through all the bumpf.

In the end I converted the CLX program to all INTs and only mapped to and from DINTs where forced to by CLX restrictions (IO or GSV/SSV).

Thankyou to every one who shared their time, knowledge and experience.
Cheers
Ian 🍻