rockwwell 525 drive

RY_Guthrie

We are trying to set up a watch dog for a rockwell 525 drive so we can check on Ethernet comms. Is there a parameter we can toggle that will give us feed back letting us know that we are communicating with the drive?

Search GSV entry status. Many examples and help. The drive will automatically stop on loss of comms by the way.

If configured that way, and I believe that is the default. There are parameters that will allow the drive to operate in various states after a net loss.

We are trying to set up a watch dog for a rockwell 525 drive so we can check on Ethernet comms. Is there a parameter we can toggle that will give us feed back letting us know that we are communicating with the drive?

I think the easiest way is for you to monitor the "Connection.Faulted" bit or "Fault" DWORD, or whatever is in the profile for the device that indicates the communication status, which is mapped directly onto the controller tags "I" file for the particular device. The below screens I hope is clearer than my explanation.

20201122_EIP_CommsSts.jpg

I think the easiest way is for you to monitor the "Connection.Faulted" bit or "Fault" DWORD, or whatever is in the profile for the device that indicates the communication status, which is mapped directly onto the controller tags "I" file for the particular device. The below screens I hope is clearer than my explanation.
You assume wrong if you think all IO has this option. Add a PF525 in your tree, there is no connection status. You will need to use a GSV. This option is better anyways because you will get the actual status, running, faulted, configuring, etc.

You assume wrong if you think all IO has this option. Add a PF525 in your tree, there is no connection status. You will need to use a GSV. This option is better anyways because you will get the actual status, running, faulted, configuring, etc.
Thanks for pointing out my wrong assumption. I did not know devices such as PF525 did not support such feature.

If the on-board I/O is not assigned, you could attach an unused output (the relay) to any unused input, and then use your program to turn the relay ON, and OFF, at a slow rate. The input should follow...and if it does not, you have a communications problem.

GSV is easier.

In the GSV use Class Name "Module" Instance Name is your drive from your IO Tree, Attribute is Entry Status and put it to a Integer destination of your choosing. Then use a BTD, Bit 12 of the last integer, move it to a new Connect Status integer at bit 0. As long as the value of the Connect Status is 4, comms are good.