S7-1500 milliseconds on data log file

DLMUK

Hi,

I have an S7-1500 CPU which is data logging using DataLogCreate and DataLogWrite. I am logging at 5Hz so I want the ms value to be in the log file.

Looking at the instructions, and from memory, I should get a time such as 10:52:16.567 where the .[567] is a ms value. However on my log I do not get this. I just get 5 instances of 10:52:16, no ms value.

On my program, in my DataLogCreate I have a value of 1 in the Time Stamp parameter, which I believe should have a value in ms. However, the Siemens material does say it is optional, but I cannot see how you enable/disable this.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/mdm/109773506?c=119438206987&lc=en-WW

I'm sure it's simple but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

However, the Siemens material does say it is optional, but I cannot see how you enable/disable this.

I clicked the link you mentioned, and the [optional] nature of the ms confuses me as well. I've never heard of an instruction where the PLC gets to decide how to execute it, so surely there is SOME way to influence it, but the manual seems to be missing that detail.

Sounds like a great thing to send to Siemens tech support, to me.

As a workaround, you could include a timestamp as one of the items in the data type you are logging, and copy in the system time right before each time you trigger the data log.

Open the log file in notepad - I see the time in millisecs (timestamp=2).(I added the "Help" string to the structure)

Excel is formatting the time display.

log.jpg