Ethernet I/P Modules with PoE?

ptheabstract

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has come across any products that utilize PoE and Ethernet I/P -- I've found a few that talk modbus TCP... but nothing that would work "cleanly" with ControlLogix.
Currently considering using standard 24V Ethernet I/P I/O modules with a PoE splitter -- would be nice to eliminate the splitter component though...

Thanks in advance!

-Paul

We use POE for all type's of equipment, never had any problems. We usually have POE switches, this way we don't have a bunch of power supplies all over the place.

POE will not interfere with Ethernet.

If you find a active 24v 802.3at/af splitter, please post it. I've been looking and can't find a readily available unit. I've also found many that claim 24v in the listing, but never are, only 5/9/12v.

POE has been awesome. I have a bunch of facilities running C-More Micro and C-More EA9's from inexpensive 12v POE splitters. It's fantastic only having to pull one cable over!