HELP! Downloading to 319F

wrgant

I have a new PLC I am trying to commission. It is a Siemens 319F. I downloaded the hardware configuration but now when I try to download the safety program or hardware configuration it asking me for a password. I tried to enter to safety program password but this did not work... any ideas? Attempted to attach picture

password error.jpg

There are two passwords. A software password for the safety program, and a HW password to prevent unauthorized access to the PLC.

There are two passwords. A software password for the safety program, and a HW password to prevent unauthorized access to the PLC.

I dont recall setting one up... I went to PLC -> Access right -> Cancel and it said there was no password set. Any thing else I could check?

Thanks

Something doesn’t match. You have a prommer to delete the memory card?
Or a Siemens pg ?

Edit
Or a spare mmc for a test?

Last edited:
Yes. With those mmc”s
You need the prommer. If you try to delete using Step7 and mmc in cpu... it still asks for password
Try it
So you have a spare mmc to try a new download?

I don’t have any other ideas. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Basically you need the correct password
I could help if you were in SC :)